[mythtv-users] DVB support and HDHomeRun tuners?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 21:04:01 UTC 2024

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 6:43 PM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi Tom,
>
> As to your ebuild, I would appreciate it anyway, just as an example to
> get ideas on when I want to create one for myself.
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

I could probably put together everything involved in that ebuild.
Unless you're looking specifically for an ebuild for 29.1 the current
ebuild in portage is almost surely much better. For example, some of
the patches I have are to get rid of the old QtWebEngine
requirement...and that's been gone for a while. I've also chopped out
the entire python piece, as 29.1 is totally incompatible with python3,

Also note that it needs another patch that I have NOT done to compile
with the newer media-gfx/exiv2-0.28 versions. So far I've just run the
old 0.27 version out of my overlay. I think the fix for that one is to
change "AutoPtr" tp "UniquePtr" in
mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/imagemetadata.cpp....though I'm not sure.

If that's in fact what you're looking for let me know and I'll put
that together for sure!

Thanks again.
Tom