[mythtv-users] DVB support and HDHomeRun tuners?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 23:00:27 UTC 2024

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 4:34 PM Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thursday, March 7, 2024, 10:15:57 PM, you wrote:
>
> > I'm still running MythTV 29.1 under Gentoo using an ebuild of my own.
>
> > Is DVB support required when using HDHomeRun tuners? Currently I have
> > that enabled, but I suspect that goes back to when I was using
> > physical CX88 PCI tuner cards many years ago.
>
> > Is that support required required when using only HDHomeRun cards?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> Hoi Tom,
>
> You mean in-kernel? Not to my knowledge.
>
> Would you share your ebuild?
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Thanks for the reply! As far as the ebuild, it's pretty cobbled
together and also has a lot of patches involved.

The reason I posted the question is that that old ebuild had a
dependency for virtual/linuxtv-dvb-headers specifically when the dvb
USE was set, and that package was apparently removed. I'm not sure
what it originally did, but it sure it seems like it was related to
kernel headers. I assume that probably means I don;t need the dvb USE
at all. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Thanks!
Tom