[mythtv-users] Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels)

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 12:02:36 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 5:48 AM Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:43:25 +0000, you wrote:

> antenna
> Extend

> can't

> in
> I'm

> >> Yes. In fact you must. The basic idea is that any video source is
> defined as a collection of
> >> channels that can all be tuned in the same way using the same
> parameters. Since you have channels
> >> that cannot be tuned by one source, you therefore need to set up
> another source and connect your
> >> other tuner to that.
> >>
> >> You should ensure that each tuner can only tune the channels they can
> physically receive. That way
> >> the scheduler will only allocate a viable tuner to record from those
> channels.
> >>
> >Ugh. Hit send too soon. Each source should only contain the channels it
> can tune, so your idea of
> >just copying the .xmltv file won't work. You will need to copy it and
> edit out the channels in each
> >source that cannot be tuned by that source.
>
> I think I have heard that you can get Schedules Direct to create more
> than one lineup and download separate files for each.  If so, create a
> lineup for each source with the channels each can receive.
>
> I use one line up with Schedules Direct, because it's all FTA TV. and two
video sources in MythTV because the antenna on the roof top misses one
channel and the antenna in my suite will get that one but not others. I
have two HDHR Connects, one to the (rooftop) antenna and the other to the
(in suite) intenna. Then I channel select with sdjson sqlite, for each of
"antenna.xmltv" and "intenna.xmltv" configurations.