[mythtv-users] Adding second HDHomerun (with different channels)

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 08:03:47 UTC 2024

V34

Currently have an HDHomerun (let's call it Extend) with a video source
called SD and an xmltv file called SD.xmltv.

Extend is able to receive some but not all of the channels in the area.

I just connected a second HDHomerun (let's call it Connect). It"s antenna
is aimed in a different direction. It's able to pick up the channels Extend
can't as well as a couple of the ones it can.

The SD.xmltv file contains all the locally available channels. But I can't
use SD as the video source for Connect as I then can't go into Channel
Editor and delete from Extend and Connect the channels each one can't
receive.

Can I simply create a Video Source called, say, SDTWO and simply copy
SD.xmtltv to SDTWO.xmltv? I had a setup like this working in the past in
the pre-xmltv Schedules Direct days, but just want to make sure that I'm
doing it correctly with xmltv.

I hope what I'm asking is somewhat clear. It's been a long day. :-)