[mythtv-users] How to order recordings in Leanfront?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jan 31 21:28:11 UTC 2024

On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 07:27:37 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 11:18?PM Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I've asked this question before some time ago but I still don't understand
>> it. I've set the settings to show recordings by recorded date. But when I
>> see the recordings under Default they're shown in alphabetical order
>> which makes it very difficult to find the programs I've recently recorded.
>> Am I missing something, or doing something wrong here? How do I get it to
>> show the most recent recordings first like in MythFrontend?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Phill
>>

>I'll be interested in what you find out.  For recording TV I use the
>settings and since I don't ever have more than 20 or so episodes for any
>program I can get the order to be latest or oldest first, ascending or
>descending.
>
>However, for videos that I'd recorded, removed commercials, and transcoded
>to mp4, they seem to be messed up.
>
>They display where the season 10 episodes are first then S11, S12 before
>season 1.  And within a season E10, 12, and 12 are before episode 1.
>
>I don't have a way to fix that either.
>
>Jim A

To fix that, you need a special collating sequence in the sort, where
any group of digits is treated as a single character and converted to
a number for the comparison.  This collating sequence has a number of
different names, but one that is often used for it is a "natural
sort".  I did a quick web search, and it looks like MySQL does not
have any builtin way to do this.  However, MariaDB added a
NATURAL_SORT_KEY() function in the 10.7.0 version.