[mythtv-users] hdmi audio

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jan 31 07:05:45 UTC 2024

The lack of VU control does not happen on other monitors!

I’m using a SAMSUNG LS32A700NWEXXY 32INCH S7 4K monitor. I am trying to not use a USB-audio-line-out (which works fine) but use the monitor headphone output.

All is fine except I have NO VU control. I have tried pulse and alsa controls (where the slider moves) but it has no effect on volume.
Wunse-upon-a-time I’m sure I recall ‘myth internal volume control’  It seems to be gone. Currently vol [adjusting the mixer] from 0..100% has no effect.

I can turn the speaker volume knob but I’d prefer local control. Any opinions ?

Thanks
James