[mythtv-users] OT: Recommended Wi-Fi NIC for Linux

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Tue Jan 30 20:30:10 UTC 2024

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 5:53 PM Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 29/01/2024 20:57, Will Dormann wrote:
> > It's just disappointing to see how much of a wild west the whole
> > concept as rudimentary as "working wifi" is in the land of Linux in the
> year 2024.  :-/
> >
> You have obviously never tried to get bluetooth working adequately! You
> definitely need to sacrifice
> a chicken even to get started.
>

> What's really funny about this situation is that I just helped my stepson
build a AMD7700x based system with a gigabit motherboard.  The on-board
Wifi worked great when I booted up the Ubuntu flash drive with the live
system just to test that everything was put together correctly.

But Windows 11 refused to see it and we had to download the drivers and
load them on the system manually to get it to work at all. While chicken
sacrifices were not involved, it seemed very backwards.
--
Justin B. Alcorn
The views expressed are not necessarily my own, much less anyone else's