[mythtv-users] OT: Recommended Wi-Fi NIC for Linux

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:08:59 UTC 2024

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 6:32 PM Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:

> loaded firmware version 83.e8f84e98.0 ty-a0-gf-a0-83.ucode op_mode iwlmvm

I believe ...86... is actually the latest.  I don't
know the differences between ...83... and
...86..., but it does suggest you are a bit
backlevel.

> Isn't the firmware version a factor of the kernel being used?

The firmware is loaded from user space files,
and your distro needs to make it available.
Typically it would be in the linux-firmware
package (sometimes your distro will subdivide
linux-firmware into multiple packages to
reduce the size(s), so just upgrading the
base may not be enough).