[mythtv-users] Problems with DB and apache2 after upgrade to ubuntu 22.04

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 20:11:19 UTC 2024

On 20/01/2024 19:57, John Pilkington wrote:
> I'm not a regular ubuntu user but have just tried to upgrade an old box
> from 20.04 LTS to 22.0 4LTS
>
> Shortly before that I had upgraded from MythTV 33-fixes to Master from
> the ppa, and MythTV had seemed to work ok, both before and after.
>

> The graphical OS upgrade looked ok too, but during reboot it
>
> "Failed to start The Apache HTTP server" and
>
> "sudo systemctl status apache2" gives an AH00256 complaint about a
>
> "Syntax error on line 117 of /etc/apache2/ssites-enabled/mythweb.conf".
>
> I edited that line, and have now removed mythweb, but still see the same
> warning.
>
> So at present the deprecated mythtv-setup
>
> (actually "MYTHTV_NO_EGL=1 mythtv-setup.real -w" )
>
> isn't finding the DB, and the new web-based setupwizard isn't accessible.
>
> I'm wondering if I should perhaps remove and then reinstall all the
> mythtv packages - but hope someone has a less drastic suggestion?
>
> TIA

Thanks to all who replied.  It seems to be working now.

It was fairly straightforward to get the Apache2 working, but finding
the DB was difficult.  The problem seems to have been a trailing space
in the DB name being sought: "mythconverg "

I suppose I must have introduced that while flailing around.