[mythtv-users] Leanfront testers wanted for Android TV

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 22:27:18 UTC 2024

On 1/18/24 14:44, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Peter Bennett says:
>> By the way, one thing that mythfrontend does not have, move up to
>> the magnifying glass icon, press it, and say the name of a show. It
>> will give back a list of matching recordings that you can play
>> directly, and matching shows in the guide that you can schedule
>> directly.
> The voice search is very nice (especially since it's instant, consistent with the way I have SmartTube set up). I have noticed, however, that searching is not consistent. The first time searches both existing recordings and the program guide, but the next search usually only searches the program guide.

I do not see that problem. I did many searches It does take a few
seconds longer to get the program guide results. If there are no program
guide results it says "no program guide results for 'xxx'".

However if the backend is downor the connection is lost, it does as you
say, only show recording and video results. Did the backend go down?
Lots of things stop working if the connection to the backend is lost.

Peter