[mythtv-users] season and episode population from schedules direct json has been incomplete.

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:18:47 UTC 2024


On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 4:38 AM Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
> On 18/01/2024 01:40, Tom Dexter wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 11:25 AM Mike Perkins
> > <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> I can't help more but I noticed the same thing beginning recently... maybe at the start of the new
> >> year? Series which I know have had series/episode info for years are suddenly blank. This also means
> >> that the scheduler doesn't pick anything much up and I have to eyeball them all (using mythweb) to
> >> make sure I'm not missing anything.
> >>
> >> I'm running v33.1 from deb-multimedia so I doubt it's something mythtv related. Maybe a change
> >> within xmltv coding?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mike Perkins
> >>
> >>
> > Just out of curiosity, are you also using the non-sqlite
> > (tv_grab_zz_sdjson) grabber?
> >
> I am. I took one look at the sqlite version and backed away. There is sufficient work getting the
> non-sqlite version configured and changing would essentially double that (the first time). My
> circumstances are such that I am unable to spare the time or focus at the moment.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins
>
Yea, it's a little daunting for sure. I had already done the research
on that when Schedules Direct temporarily went to that new python
backend, and everyone was suggesting switching to it then. However
they abandoned that apparently so I never had to.

I actually just converted to the sqlite version now and re-ran
mythfilldatabase. Some of the existing things that had already
recorded don't show the season or episode but I can clearly see that
all the upcoming recordings do, and the number or records in the
program table with that data increased by about 10,000 or so. I
actually never mentioned that, for reasons I won't get into, I'm
actually still running MythTV 29.1 (under gentoo).

The ugly part of the sqlite version is enabling / disabling channels
in that sqlite database. Using my old xmltv config with the
"channel=NNNNN" lines I was able to generate a SQL script that I ran
against the sqlite database (initialized with all the channels as per
the wiki). That looks like this:

UPDATE channels SET selected=0;
UPDATE channels SET selected=1 WHERE lineup='USA-OTA-08880' AND station=16689;
UPDATE channels SET selected=1 WHERE lineup='USA-OTA-08880' AND station=74916;
UPDATE channels SET selected=1 WHERE lineup='USA-OTA-08880' AND station=112501;
UPDATE channels SET selected=1 WHERE lineup='USA-OTA-08880' AND station=19611;
...etc...

After backing up the database (as well as a separate backup of just
the channel table), I converted the xmltvid fields on the channels
from the 12345 format to the I12345.json.schedulesdirect.org format
using this SQL against the mythconverg database:

update channel set
xmltvid=concat('I',xmltvid,'.json.schedulesdirect.org') where xmltvid
regexp '^[0-9]+$';

Everything actually went pretty smoothly.

Tom


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list