[mythtv-users] season and episode population from schedules direct json has been incomplete.

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 17:32:19 UTC 2024

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 5:24 PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are several shows that do have the <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.0.0/2</episode-num> type lines
>
> And there are also several missing for multiple shows and multiple channels.

As I understand it (I don't use that grabber, for obvious
reasons), that particular grabber caches some information
(as do many/most others).  It is possible that that cached
data is somehow stale, and not being updated properly.
That would presumably be a bug(*).

You could just delete all the cached data and let
that grabber download it all over again and see
if the output file has the episode numbers you are
looking for.

> Is there a way to look into the cache file to see things there.

I would guess the cache file is in perl Storable format
(based only on the "use Storable;" line in the code).
You can (presumably) write a perl program to
decode it.

(*) And if you can create a reproducer, open a bug
with that grabber (the usual problem is creating a
reliable reproducer as anecdotal reports are
rarely entirely helpful).