[mythtv-users] Distro for x86-64-v1 CPUs

Dan Wilga mythtv-users at dwilga.info
Thu Feb 29 14:06:53 UTC 2024

I have several Intel Atom (1) boxes, which are classified as x86-64-v1
devices. I had been using CentOS 7 on them but compiling Myth 0.34 for
it is difficult due to the lack of a pre-compiled, modern version of Qt.

So I figured I would upgrade to CentOS 9. This isn't possible, however,
because they are requiring a "v2" CPU and the kernel no longer loads.
Apparently, all of the RedHat derivatives (Alma, Rocky) are now in this
boat.

I tried searching for confirmation that modern Ubuntu will run on this
CPU, but couldn't find any. It sounds like Debian should work. OpenSUSE
and Gentoo are confirmed to work with it. Any other distros I'm forgetting?