[mythtv-users] HDHR app can tune a station but Myth via HDHR can't

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 07:39:06 UTC 2024

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 at 04:37, DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a HDHR Duo. For one station (Channel 12), the HDHR app can tune it
> just fine. When I try to "watch this channel" on Myth via Program Guide,
> "signal" (IDK if that is strength or quality) dithers between 56% & 59% and
> it can't get a lock. Recordings on that channel also fail.
>
> What could explain this? Every other channel works fine. I am only 9 mi as
> the crow flies from the mountain where all the stations broadcast.
> Rabbitears.com lists the signal as good. If the app can lock the signal
> accessing through the device then Myth accessing through the device should
> able to also, no?
>
> It can be that you need to scan for channels again. Sometimes it is needed
to create a new video source, connect the capturecards to the new video
source and then do the scan. To make sure both tuners work, you can after
doing the first scan on the first tuner do another scan on the second tuner.
You can also experiment with HTTP/IPTV to access the HDHomeRun if you run
the latest version of MythTV.
See the Wiki page
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning#Scanning_with_HDHomeRun_tuners

Klaas.