[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl on Debian via deb-multimedia

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Feb 28 22:55:18 UTC 2024

On 28/02/2024 21:18, James Abernathy wrote:

> Never mind. This was a permissions problem on the /mythtv directory. GID
> and UID changed on me.

Which is why I always create the mythtv user with a known UID and GID (i) after doing a fresh
install and (ii) before I install any mythtv packages. It means I have the same values on all
backends and frontends. That also means I get a $HOME directory in /home rather than down the /lib tree.

--

Mike Perkins