[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl on Debian via deb-multimedia

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Feb 26 23:10:45 UTC 2024

On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 15:52:39 -0500, you wrote:

>In the past I've either used mythtv installed on Ubuntu via ppa or on
>Debian building the packages myself.  Today I tried to install on a fresh
>Debian 12 system v34 using deb-multimedia stable backports.
>
>I have the frontend and backend working fine at this point, however some of
>the daily maintenance I try to set up is not working right now.
>Specifically, I get errors on optimize_mythdb.pl.
>
>It maybe a missing package, but I haven't a clue from the messages below
>
>jim at den-pc:~$ sudo /usr/share/doc/mythtv/examples/maintenance/
>optimize_mythdb.pl
>Can't locate MythTV.pm in @INC (you may need to install the MythTV module)
>(@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.36.0
>/usr/local/share/perl/5.36.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.36
>/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base
>/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.36 /usr/share/perl/5.36
>/usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/share/doc/mythtv/examples/maintenance/
>optimize_mythdb.pl line 15.
>BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>/usr/share/doc/mythtv/examples/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl line 15.
>
>I've not had this issue before. I thought about installing the dependencies
>using ansible, but since I was not building it myself, I have not done that.
>
>JIm A

The MythTV.pm file is a Perl module found in the libmythtv-perl
package on Ubuntu.  I would also recommend installing the
libmyth-python package so MythTV Python utilities such as
find_orphans.py will also work.

To find missing files on Ubuntu (and likely Debian also), you can use
"apt-file find".  You have to install the apt-file package, and
remember to run "apt-file update" before using it so it has the latest
package databases.