[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl on Debian via deb-multimedia

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 20:52:39 UTC 2024

In the past I've either used mythtv installed on Ubuntu via ppa or on
Debian building the packages myself.  Today I tried to install on a fresh
Debian 12 system v34 using deb-multimedia stable backports.

I have the frontend and backend working fine at this point, however some of
the daily maintenance I try to set up is not working right now.
Specifically, I get errors on optimize_mythdb.pl.

It maybe a missing package, but I haven't a clue from the messages below

jim at den-pc:~$ sudo /usr/share/doc/mythtv/examples/maintenance/
optimize_mythdb.pl
Can't locate MythTV.pm in @INC (you may need to install the MythTV module)
(@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.36.0
/usr/local/share/perl/5.36.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.36
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.36 /usr/share/perl/5.36
/usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/share/doc/mythtv/examples/maintenance/
optimize_mythdb.pl line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/doc/mythtv/examples/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl line 15.

I've not had this issue before. I thought about installing the dependencies
using ansible, but since I was not building it myself, I have not done that.

JIm A