[mythtv-users] warning/error while installing mythtv-light v34 on Raspberry PI OS

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Fri Feb 23 18:35:22 UTC 2024

Hi Jim,

  *   The code works on my RPI4 4GB as well as it normally does, which is not acceptable to me. But I wanted to get at least one version of fixes/34 posted for those who could not build it themselves.

Could you recap what makes fixes/34 not acceptable on your raspi?
My experience on current RaspiOs Bookworm

Pi5:

  *   X11
  *   Remove /etc/xdg/autostart/xcompmgr.desktop

Pi4:

  *   Even without xcompmgr, I still get tearing in X11 so
  *   Wayland only works reasonably with the color space patch from https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/855; without that mythtv uses an RGB 6:5:6 (16 bit) Surface with terrible color reproduction and very visible banding
  *   Hiding Mouse cursor requires wayfire plugin hide-cursor from https://github.com/WayfireWM/wayfire-plugins-extra
  *   Unresolved: Can’t get wakeup from DPMS to work when using a lirc based remote

Except for the wakeup from screen blanking issue, I find no issues with playback up to and including h.264 1080p50 (I haven’t tried 1080p60)

Bye, Martin
no.disclaimer