[mythtv-users] End of the road for MythTV at my house?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Feb 19 03:06:34 UTC 2024

On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 02:44:14PM -0700, DryHeat122 wrote:
> I have Cox as a service provider. The cable box I have been
> successfully using with an HDPVR stopped working. When I took it in they
> exchanged it for a box with model Pace PX022ANC. It does not have RGB
> output, just HDMI. Is there a pc card that will capture HDMI? It also does
> not have a firewire connector, just a USB. Can that be used for channel
> changing? If the answers are no and no, I think I will have to throw in the
> towel and get Youtube TV. It would save me quite a bit on monthly charges,
> but I'd be back to watching commercials. 😠

The following solutions can all be made to work with MythTV fairly
easily using the Generic External Recorder.

https://community.getchannels.com/t/beta-chrome-capture-for-channels/

https://community.getchannels.com/t/hdmi-for-channels/

https://community.getchannels.com/t/androidhdmi-for-channels-ah4c-a-virtual-channel-tuner-using-hdmi-encoder-s-streaming-stick-s/

https://community.getchannels.com/t/adbtuner-a-channel-tuning-application-for-networked-google-tv-android-tv-devices/