[mythtv-users] connecting to database failing

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 18:49:58 UTC 2024

> On Feb 18, 2024, at 11:26 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to do something to avoid completely rebuilding a PC with mythtv.
>
> I have a remote production backend that is working.  I have a PC running LMDE 6 that was a mythtv frontend to that backend.  I'm about to move that PC to another location outside my home network.  I want to create a new local backend on this PC along with its local frontend.
>
> This is v34 so I used the new Web App to set up the local backend.  I have it working and I have XMLTV configured and the EPG is updated with mythfilldatabase and I can run optimize and backup on the mythconverg database.
>
> So everything seems to be working except the mythfrontend on this PC.

So does the frontend show the screen that times out, and complains about not being able to start, and then has the 4 buttons at the bottom with one that lets your search for backends?

If so, let it search, and then select the backend… audit should fix itself?

If not you may have to edit theconfig file landfill it in…or maybe permissions on config.xml aren’t readable by the user trying to run the frontend..

Regards!