[mythtv-users] Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 13:52:36 UTC 2024


On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 8:48 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

>
>
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 8:36 AM glen <glenb at glenb.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:31 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 7:05 AM glen <glenb at glenb.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 6:47 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I was checking the mythfrontend list of recent recordings and noticed
>> that some of the artwork was the wrong tv show.
>>
>> Using the new Web App, I edited the recording rules for a few of them.
>> The Metadata Lookup Id (InetRef)  had nothing special in it.  So I check
>> thetvdb.com
>> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
>> link and found the id of the right one and added that after
>> ttvdb4.py_"nnnnn" using the right ID.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure this will fix new recordings.  Is there an easy way to
>> force the metadata to use the new recording rule information to update
>> current recordings?
>>
>> Jim A
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> I can force a get metadata job with either mythfrontend or the Web App,
>> but I get the same metadata artwork I already had and not the new artwork
>> shown on thetvdb.com
>> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
>> .
>>
>> Jim A
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> i have always had to manually remove the inet ref under recording
>> metadata and make that field empty and then run mythmetadatalookup
>> --refresh-all. but that is a manual thing. probably it could be scripted
>> somehow to remove it for a given series. unless someone knows of some other
>> way
>>
>> I had some luck with mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all on one show, but
>> not the other.  On that show I had to use mythfrontend and select the show
>> in the library list and go to Scheduling options and change recording
>> metadata. It didn't have the data I had edited with the Web App.  I had to
>> change it to ttvdb4 with the correct id and that instantly changed the
>> large photo image of the show to the correct one.
>>
>> I guess I should always set up new recordings with the specific ID I want
>> to get the right metadata.
>>
>> Jim A
>>
>>
>> once the individual recording populates its recording metadata field with
>> the inet number, the mythmetadatalookup --refresh won't change it even if
>> the recording rule metadata inet ref has changed. as far as i have always
>> found. usually i see it and its a single show so far, so i remove the
>> incorrect inet in the show metadata and either replace it or make it empty
>> and do the mythmetadatalookup.
>>
>>
> Thanks, I think I have a handle on the mechanisms. I have fixed all my
> existing metadata and have learned to force the right TVDB4 ID into all
> recording rules using the Web App when a new program recording is first set
> up.
>
> Jim A
>
>
> Using Steppes theme, the perform query button did work, curiously though,
after selecting cover, banner etc I escaped then saved and found no change
in watch recordings... repeat, without saving, changes made, hmm.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20240217/80f59b97/attachment.htm>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list