[mythtv-users] initial access to mythbackend web service

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 15:48:59 UTC 2024

On 2/16/24 09:01, Greg Woods wrote:
> The Wiki states:
>
> Admin Password
>
> Admin pages of the web front end are protected by a password. The user
> id is admin and the initial password is mythtv. You can change the
> password from the browser.
>
> This username and password do not work for me. Is there a manual way
> to set the password?
>
> Thanks,
> --Greg

admin and mythtv work for me. There is a change password page once you
are  logged in, but I don't know if it works.

The web front end was never completed and setup pages may not work or
may work incorrectly.

In V34 the web front end has been replaced by the web app, which does
not require a sign on, is complete, and supports the full setup. The web
frontend is deprecated.

Peter