[mythtv-users] Raspberry 5 - another success

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Tue Feb 13 09:25:23 UTC 2024

> Problem: when navigating the menus, an inhibitor object is destroyed if it exists, but nothing is done if there is no current inhibitor.
> The interface doesn’t seem to have any function for explicitly resetting the idle timer;

> One quick thing to try: modify
> mythtv/libs/libmythui/platforms/mythscreensaverwayland.cpp
> to actually create an inhibitor in MythScreenSaverWayland::Disable() if it doesn’t exist and then destroy it – hopefully that will reset the idle timer.

Well, that's only a partial success unfortunately: creating and then destroying the idle inhibitor does extend the timeout while the display is active. What it can't do is reactivate the display once it goes into idle mode. That matches declared interface semantics:

      If the surface is destroyed, unmapped, becomes occluded, loses
      visibility, or otherwise becomes not visually relevant for the user, the
      idle inhibitor will not be honored by the compositor

So far, I have failed to find any way for an application to request the display to resume from idle state. Please let me know if you have any idea on how to do that in wayland

Martin
no.disclaimer