[mythtv-users] Struggling to build v34 on Opensuse leap 15.4 and 15.5

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Feb 12 10:17:27 UTC 2024

On 11/02/2024 23:57, James Linder wrote:

>> On Feb 12, 2024, at 05:15, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If it would make sense, I can probably
>>> create a PR(*) to add installing gcc13
>>> and gcc13-c++ to the ansible tasks for
>>> Leap.  It would not help for the ./configure
>>> invocation, but at least the compiler
>>> would be there.
>>>

>>> (*) Or, better yet, you could create the PR
>>> for the MythTV/ansible repo.
>>

>> Or, you can try this. If it works, I'll push it. Not sure if I need to remove the 'old'
>> gcc/gcc-c++
>
> I had no luck when trying, but having extra gcc was harmless. (and I did not waste time spelunking)
> What I cannot see is how to ‘ansible’ the mysql pip bit.

Thanks all. That's helped a lot. I'm also stuck on the pip bit now. I'm
not building directly. I'm generating packages with and need to find how
to specify that command from the .spec file. I'm guessing I need it to
run as part of the build and also make it run on the target machine at
install time.

I'm not using ansible. I just have a list of BuildRequires: lines in my
.spec file. Perhaps I should be using it.

Paul