[mythtv-users] Leanfront playback of in-progress recordings resume using the 2 skip to resume; maybe modify to use play/pause to do the same

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 14:59:17 UTC 2024

On 2/11/24 09:37, Jay Harbeston wrote:

> I thought I had seen a reference to another video playing program that
> was used as a basis for leanfront in one of the leanfront threads
> recently.
>
> No worries.

Yes - I used the exoplayer demo program from google as a basis , changed
that and added to it.

I tested your situation again and on my system, when it gets to the end
of the initial section of the video, it pauses for about a second, then
continues.

What recording card do you use?

I think perhaps in your case there is excessive buffering before writing
to the disk, so that leanfront cannot see the size of the file increasing.

Leanfront tests for 5 seconds to see if the file is increasing and if it
does not increase for 5 seconds it assumes it is the end of the recording.

Perhaps the "HD ringbuffer size" is set very large in backend setup -
General - Miscellaneous. Mine is set at 40000.

If  you can get a log by running this it would help

adb connect <ip address>

adb logcat lfe:D *:S |& tee android.log

Start that log before you begin playback. Run playback until you get to
the point where it stops. Leave it stopped for about 30 seconds to make
sure it does not start again, then stop the adb logcat and send me the
output.

Peter