[mythtv-users] Struggling to build v34 on Opensuse leap 15.4 and 15.5

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Feb 11 13:32:53 UTC 2024

Mythtv now requires gcc8 and Opensuse is still on gcc7. Opensuse has
gcc8 packages. I've tried adding BuildRequires lines for those packages
in my .spec file and adding --cc=gcc8 --cxx=g++8 to the configure
options. I get an error message "gcc8 is unable to create an executable
file". I've also tried adding BuildRequrires lines for libgcc_s1-gcc8
and libstdc++6-gcc8, but those conflict with the gcc7 versions. I'm
wondering if this is a lost cause, or whether someone knows a trick to
get this to work.

Paul.