[mythtv-users] Leanback not loading all folders/videos in the videos section.

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 20:28:03 UTC 2024

On 2/9/24 14:39, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have found that there may be a limit as to the number of  videos/folders that can be used in leaseback.
>
> I don’t know what it is, but when I am using the lean back version , I am not getting all folders.
>
> An example is that I have a TV Series folder that has all the series I have on DVD ripped into a folder structure like follows:
>
> TV Series/Series/Season NN/Series - SNNENN - Subtitle.mp4 for all the episodes.
>
> Only about 3 or 4 of the Series are showing up, and maybe as for example NCIS, I am only getting half of the seasons in the Series folder, even though they are there in the DB, and all of them show up in mythfrontend.
>
> Any ideas if I am missing a setting in leaseback? Or?

LeanBack ??? Leaseback???  Try leanfront :)

There is a setting in the latest version, in Advanced, that limits the
number of recordings plus videos to 10,000 of the latest added. If you
have more than that you can change it.

The reason I put that there is that people with huge numbers of
recordings (for example 60,000) or videos will find that leanfront takes
5 minutes or more to start up, so this is a way to make it usable.
Leanfront should in theory be able to handle an unlimited number of
recordings and videos, but could get very slow.

Peter