[mythtv-users] errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:56:26 UTC 2024

On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 12:36 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
> saw Ubuntu  22.04 mythtv packages change.
>
> That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
> errors pretty close to the beginning  of the build.  I'm using the wiki
> method for building the Debian packages.
>
> here's the console log
>
> #build the tarball
> dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
> dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options:
> --extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
> nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
> dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing
> ./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
> mythtv/.cmake-format.py
> mythtv/.cppcheck-includes
> mythtv/.cppcheck-suppress
> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see
> /tmp/mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e5
> 2a62-0ubuntu0.diff.ISOrKD

The log already shows a hint how to solve this error:
Add these 3 modified files to the file
packaging/deb/debian/source/options
by using the same syntax as given by the file itself:

extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerignore|.clang-tidy|.clazy|.cmake-format.py|.cppcheck-includes|.cppcheck-suppress

It is the same issue as previouslywith the '.clazy' file:
 https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/2f9f4b97cdcbebf479d15343dd5fd140f8daddc9

It does not affect the lauchpad build at
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/34

2:34.0~master.202402081705.1f5dfbce31~ubuntuxx.yy.z

was build successfully a couple of minutes ago.

@Jim A: could you please verify above change on debian?

Roland