[mythtv-users] errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:29:10 UTC 2024

On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 9:08 AM David Hampton via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 06:35 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12
> > after I saw Ubuntu  22.04 mythtv packages change.
> >
> > That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I
> > get errors pretty close to the beginning  of the build.  I'm using
> > the wiki method for building the Debian packages.
> >
> > here's the console log
> >
> > #build the tarball
> > tar czf
> > /home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/../mythtv_34.0"~"master.20240208
> > .93e52a62.orig.tar.gz --exclu
> > de-vcs --exclude .pc --exclude-tag-all mythtv.make *
> > libdistro-info-perl is not installed, Debian release names are not
> > known.
> > libdistro-info-perl is not installed, Ubuntu release names are not
> > known.
> > dch warning: Unable to determine Debian's backport distributions.
> > dch warning: Recognised distributions are:
> > experimental, unstable, testing, stable, oldstable, oldoldstable,
> > {trixie,bookworm,bullseye,buster}-proposed-updates,
> > {testing,stable,oldstable,oldoldstable}-proposed-updates,
> > {trixie,bookworm,bullseye,buster}-security,
> > {testing,stable,oldstable,oldoldstable}}-security and UNRELEASED.
> > Using your request anyway.
> > Testing all patches before building the packages
> > Applying patch debian/patches/default_directories
> > Applying patch debian/patches/bindings_install_paths.patch
> > Applying patch debian/patches/default_theme.patch
> > Now at patch debian/patches/default_theme.patch
> > Removing patch debian/patches/default_theme.patch
> > Removing patch debian/patches/bindings_install_paths.patch
> > Removing patch debian/patches/default_directories
> > No patches applied
> > Building the packages
> >  dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -I.git
> > dpkg-buildpackage: info: source package mythtv
> > dpkg-buildpackage: info: source version
> > 2:34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62-0ubuntu0
> > dpkg-buildpackage: info: source distribution faye
> > dpkg-buildpackage: info: source changed by jim <jim at lmde6>
> >  dpkg-source -i -I.git --before-build .
> > dpkg-buildpackage: info: host architecture amd64
> > dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options: -
> > -extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
> > nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
> > dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
> > dpkg-source: info: applying default_directories
> > dpkg-source: info: applying bindings_install_paths.patch
> > dpkg-source: info: applying default_theme.patch
> >  fakeroot debian/rules clean
> > dh clean --parallel --with python3
> >    debian/rules override_dh_auto_clean
> > make[1]: Entering directory '/home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv'
> > [ -f mythtv/config.mak ] && /usr/bin/make -C mythtv distclean || true
> > [ -f mythplugins/config.pro ] && /usr/bin/make -C mythplugins
> > distclean || true
> > [ -f mythtv/VERSION.old ] && mv mythtv/VERSION.old mythtv/VERSION ||
> [...]

Well this building is done by scripts in the mythtv/packaging/deb directory.

cd
mkdir ~/build
cd ~/build
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git -b fixes/33 # if you
want the current release v33
or
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git             # if you
want the Master or "v34"
cd packaging/deb

./build-debs.sh fixes/33
or
./build-debs.sh master

I have not had to mess with that until the changes you made yesterday.
Not sure if something should change in the scripts based on what you
did?

JIm A