[mythtv-users] Simulcast Recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Feb 7 09:38:54 UTC 2024

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 22:58:57 +0000, you wrote:

>>> Recordings from other boxes can be imported as recordings using
>>> mythexport/mythimport.
>>>
>> ...so what happens when you import two recordings for the same program? Or a recording for a program
>> that already exists? Will it take account of the fact they were on different channels?
>
> Of course.  Just the same way that MythTV allows you to record the
> exact same programme from two simulcast channels.  The recordings will
> get different recordedid values.

But that was the original point, wasn't it? Myth /wouldn't/ allow the OP to record the same program
from two different channels (for different reasons).

But I accept that the recordedid would be different because the channels (callsigns?) were
different, and if the channel ids were different there would be no collision in the file names.

--

Mike Perkins