[mythtv-users] reconfigure to single FE/BE with Json

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Sep 26 15:11:14 UTC 2023

On 26/09/2023 13:43, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 12:45 PM Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:42:13 -0400, you wrote:

>> when

>> settings

>> I'll
>> drop,

>> and

>>> So, to make sure I understand this. restoring the RPi's database backup
>>> onto the Lenovo, WILL restore and leave me with a mis-match of hostnames:
>>> database to machine (Lenovo) which can be corrected / matched by using the
>>> command in the mythconverg_restore.pl --help. Then off to the XMLTV wiki?
>>> Thanks again!   Daryl
>>
>> Yes.
> With both backends running the db drop, create, and restore went ahead
> fine, then when the RPi is shutdown the Lenovo can't connect to the
> database. With only the Lenovo running the restore (etal) fails because it
> can"t connect to the database. Is there a way to move the database from the
> RPi to the Lenovo? The wiki at  "
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration" seems not to apply because
> this would be retiring a master and promoting a slave to master,rather than
> bringing a database from an unrelated system.
>
> Maybe just this bit below? : (storage directories are setup on both boxes
> and recordings are prioritized to occur on the Lenovo)
>
>   mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "UPDATE recorded SET hostname =
> 'new_daryl' WHERE hostname = 'old_trieli';"

The only way the Lenovo backend restore could be failing to find the database is if the database
credentials still point to the RPi (or are wrong, eg have a typo).

The restore script uses a config file called backuprc which should be either in ~/.mythtv or
/etc/mythtv.

Have a look at those and make sure that they point to the Lenovo and give the correct password.

It occurs to me that, if the hostname is wrong, you could still be restoring to the RPi! Once you
have backed up the RPi database, turn off the RPI and leave it off. Having two masters on the same
network can only lead to conflict.

--

Mike Perkins