[mythtv-users] Power search recording rules

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 15:18:27 UTC 2023

On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:07 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/23/23 10:56, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football
> > games except those on specific channels.
> >
> > i.e.
> > program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1',
> > '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
> >
> > This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of
> > recorded games I'm not interested in.
> >
> > How do I tell Mythtv to not record a specific game that it picked
> > using the Power Search without messing up the other games today or in
> > the future?
> >
> > JIm A

> Create an override rule with "don't record" option for the specific
> showings in the upcoming list. Note that you may have to create several
> override rules because if you override one program it may simply switch
> to recording the same program from another channel.
>
> You can do this from the new web app if you are running master, or from
> mythfrontend. Leanfront does not do overrides at this time.
>
> Peter

Thanks,  Using mythfrontend on v34 Master I can go to upcoming recordings
and on the one I don't want to record edit the recording to Add an override
and then select do not record.  This then shows up with an "X" in the list
of upcoming but leaves the others alone.

I could not figure out how to do this with the Web app under the recording
rules or upcoming.  I must have missed it.

Jim A