[mythtv-users] Power search recording rules

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 15:04:10 UTC 2023

On 9/23/23 10:56, James Abernathy wrote:
> I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football
> games except those on specific channels.
>
> i.e.
> program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1',
> '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
>
> This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of
> recorded games I'm not interested in.
>
> How do I tell Mythtv to not record a specific game that it picked
> using the Power Search without messing up the other games today or in
> the future?
>
> JIm A

Create an override rule with "don't record" option for the specific
showings in the upcoming list. Note that you may have to create several
override rules because if you override one program it may simply switch
to recording the same program from another channel.

You can do this from the new web app if you are running master, or from
mythfrontend. Leanfront does not do overrides at this time.

Peter