[mythtv-users] Python exportmetadata binding needing an inetref, but none is available in V34

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 12:42:43 UTC 2023

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 3:42 PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Sep 13, 2023, at 10:22 PM, Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:22:43 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >> As indicated, I have some video that has no inetref, and won’t have
> one, but there is some already available from the schedules direct
> including season, episode, description, and others.
> >>
> >> However when I use the mythvidexport.py script, an exception occurs
> because there is no inetref for the video and fails. This used to work when
> I was running V32.
> >>
> >> Is there a flag, or way to get exportmetadata to work ? I don’t care
> about exporting artwork as there isn’t any available for the video I am
> exporting.
> >>
> >> OR do I need to get all the metadata and export manually now with V34?
> >>
> >> Regards!
> >>
> >> Jay
> >
> > Have you seen this?
> >
> > https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport2.py
>
> Yes I did, in fact, I am the author of it(well along with Wagners original
> that it was modified from)!  The problem however lies in the MythTV python
> binding it uses to export the meta data as mentioned in my earlier email.
>
> Regards
>
> I just pushed a commit to mythtv/master (v34pre) which might solve your
problem.

BTW, I had no success in trying the mythvidexport2.py script from the wiki.
Running it in manual mode by providing 'chanid' and 'starttime' I got this
exception:

  File ".../master/mythvidexport2.py", line 109, in get_format
    self.hr = "%02d" % self.starttime.hour
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'hour'

Roland