[mythtv-users] Web interface scalability issue: Video Gallery

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Sep 11 15:49:33 UTC 2023

On 11/09/2023 14:03, Peter Bennett wrote:

> To configure a slave backend, you have to connect to the backend you are configuring, as in
> http://slave:6544. Nothing special is built into the APIs. The web app reads the settings and
> compares the Master server name against the host name to determine if this is a slave backend.
>
> I found that when you are running the web app from one backend you cannot use an API on another
> backend, the browser prevents it. This makes sense as otherwise a web page from the internet could
> access APIs on your internal network. There are probably ways to allow it, but I did not go into that.

Could I ask you to clarify that, for someone not in the development loop?

Do you mean, use an API to backend B while your browser (presumably on a third host) is accessing
the webapp on backend A?

Or do you mean that while your browser is accessing the webapp on backend A /nobody/ can use the API
on any host?

--

Mike Perkins