[mythtv-users] Web interface scalability issue: Video Gallery

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:03:53 UTC 2023

On 9/11/23 08:09, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Cool. I missed you added support for slave BE's. Is that support built
> in to the API or just the WebApp? I kind of envisioned a drop down in
> the header where you could select the BE you wanted to configure.

To configure a slave backend, you have to connect to the backend you are
configuring, as in http://slave:6544. Nothing special is built into the
APIs. The web app reads the settings and compares the Master server name
against the host name to determine if this is a slave backend.

I found that when you are running the web app from one backend you
cannot use an API on another backend, the browser prevents it. This
makes sense as otherwise a web page from the internet could access APIs
on your internal network. There are probably ways to allow it, but I did
not go into that.

Peter