[mythtv-users] Web interface scalability issue: Video Gallery

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:56:08 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I am a mythweb user of many years, but clearly I will need to start
using the new alternative on port 6544 some time soon.

So I took a look and I noticed that the Video Gallery takes very long to
appear. Meanwhile the backend is maxed out on one core.

I have quite an extensive collection of movies and series, consisting of
5429 files that are located on 4 SSDs across multiple levels of
directories underneath /mnt/disk?/mythtv/videos/. As I said these are
SSDs (SATA-connected), so quite fast. The backend's CPU is a 4GHz Intel
i3-8350K, and the box also has plenty of RAM (32GB).

Should I report this as a bug?

Many thanks, Jan