[mythtv-users] API call Guide/GetProgramList broken with port 6744.

Philip Brady phil.brady at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 11:03:47 UTC 2023

From: Peter Bennett<mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
Sent: 01 September 2023 21:34
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org<mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] API call Guide/GetProgramList broken with port 6744.

On 9/1/23 09:46, Philip Brady wrote:
The API call /Guide/GetProgramList is broken with port 6744.  It does not respect the Details=true parameter.
This breaks portability of my 'split film' utility.

I know that the right course of action for me is to submit a bug, but can anyone point me at a tutorial for doing that please?

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v34.0~master.202306020720.ed409bfc02~ubuntu22.04.1
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 34.20220913-1
QT Version : 5.15.3
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_satip using_vbox using_ceton using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_gnutls using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11 using_system_libbluray using_system_libudfread using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

With port 6544 I get this:
http://192.168.2.109:6544/Guide/GetProgramList?StartTime=2023-09-01T13:22:13Z&ChanId=11080&Count=6&Details=true
<Recording>
<RecordedId>0</RecordedId>
<Status>Unknown</Status>
<Priority>0</Priority>
<StartTs xsi:nil="true"/>
<EndTs xsi:nil="true"/>
<FileSize>0</FileSize>
<FileName/>
<HostName/>
<LastModified xsi:nil="true"/>
<RecordId>0</RecordId>
<RecGroup/>
<PlayGroup/>
<StorageGroup/>
<RecType>0</RecType>
<DupInType>1</DupInType>
<DupMethod>1</DupMethod>
<EncoderId>0</EncoderId>
<EncoderName/>
<Profile/>
</Recording>

but with port 6744 I get:
http://192.168.2.109:6744/Guide/GetProgramList?StartTime=2023-09-01T13:22:13Z&ChanId=11080&Count=6&Details=true
<Recording xsi:nil="true"/>

Phil

When there is a recording scheduled, the Recording tags is filled in. When there is no recording scheduled for that program, it is reported as nil.

Recording scheduled:

<Recording version="1.3">
<RecordedId>0</RecordedId>
<Status>10</Status>
<StatusName>Inactive</StatusName>
<Priority>0</Priority>
<StartTs>2023-09-01T20:01:00Z</StartTs>
<EndTs>2023-09-01T21:00:00Z</EndTs>
<FileSize>0</FileSize>
<FileName xsi:nil="true"/>
<HostName>rocinante</HostName>
<LastModified>2023-09-01T20:00:00Z</LastModified>
<RecordId>178</RecordId>
<RecGroup>Default</RecGroup>
<StorageGroup>Default</StorageGroup>
<PlayGroup>Default</PlayGroup>
<RecType>4</RecType>
<DupInType>15</DupInType>
<DupMethod>6</DupMethod>
<EncoderId>0</EncoderId>
<EncoderName xsi:nil="true"/>
<Profile>Default</Profile>
</Recording>

Not scheduled:
<Recording xsi:nil="true"/>

The old API would return a tag full of default, null and invalid values when no recording was scheduled. This, in my opinion, was a bug in the old code that is now fixed.

OLD Result for no schedule:

<Recording>
<RecordedId>0</RecordedId>
<Status>Unknown</Status>
<Priority>0</Priority>
<StartTs xsi:nil="true"/>
<EndTs xsi:nil="true"/>
<FileSize>0</FileSize>
<FileName/>
<HostName/>
<LastModified xsi:nil="true"/>
<RecordId>0</RecordId>
<RecGroup/>
<PlayGroup/>
<StorageGroup/>
<RecType>0</RecType>
<DupInType>1</DupInType>
<DupMethod>1</DupMethod>
<EncoderId>0</EncoderId>
<EncoderName/>
<Profile/>
</Recording>

Can you handle this in your utility?

Peter

Thanks Peter.
Yes, should be able to handle that and I’ll update the documentation accordingly.
Would you clarify though – is it only the ‘Guide’ APIs or is it applied to the ‘Dvr’ ones too?
Regards
Phil.