[mythtv-users] API call Guide/GetProgramList broken with port 6744.

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 20:34:15 UTC 2023

On 9/1/23 09:46, Philip Brady wrote:
> The API call /Guide/GetProgramList is broken with port 6744.  It does
> not respect the Details=true parameter.
> This breaks portability of my 'split film' utility.
>
> I know that the right course of action for me is to submit a bug, but
> can anyone point me at a tutorial for doing that please?
>
> mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v34.0~master.202306020720.ed409bfc02~ubuntu22.04.1
> MythTV Branch : master
> Network Protocol : 91
> Library API : 34.20220913-1
> QT Version : 5.15.3
> Options compiled in:
>  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
> using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_satip using_vbox using_ceton
> using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_gnutls
> using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl
> using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib
> using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11 using_system_libbluray
> using_system_libudfread using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
> using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
> using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm
> using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
> using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame
>
> With port 6544 I get this:
> http://192.168.2.109:6544/Guide/GetProgramList?StartTime=2023-09-01T13:22:13Z&ChanId=11080&Count=6&Details=true
> <Recording>
> <RecordedId>0</RecordedId>
> <Status>Unknown</Status>
> <Priority>0</Priority>
> <StartTs xsi:nil="true"/>
> <EndTs xsi:nil="true"/>
> <FileSize>0</FileSize>
> <FileName/>
> <HostName/>
> <LastModified xsi:nil="true"/>
> <RecordId>0</RecordId>
> <RecGroup/>
> <PlayGroup/>
> <StorageGroup/>
> <RecType>0</RecType>
> <DupInType>1</DupInType>
> <DupMethod>1</DupMethod>
> <EncoderId>0</EncoderId>
> <EncoderName/>
> <Profile/>
> </Recording>
>
> but with port 6744 I get:
> http://192.168.2.109:6744/Guide/GetProgramList?StartTime=2023-09-01T13:22:13Z&ChanId=11080&Count=6&Details=true
> <Recording xsi:nil="true"/>
>
> Phil

When there is a recording scheduled, the Recording tags is filled in.
When there is no recording scheduled for that program, it is reported as
nil.

_Recording scheduled_:

<Recording version="1.3">
<RecordedId>0</RecordedId>
<Status>10</Status>
<StatusName>Inactive</StatusName>
<Priority>0</Priority>
<StartTs>2023-09-01T20:01:00Z</StartTs>
<EndTs>2023-09-01T21:00:00Z</EndTs>
<FileSize>0</FileSize>
<FileName xsi:nil="true"/>
<HostName>rocinante</HostName>
<LastModified>2023-09-01T20:00:00Z</LastModified>
<RecordId>178</RecordId>
<RecGroup>Default</RecGroup>
<StorageGroup>Default</StorageGroup>
<PlayGroup>Default</PlayGroup>
<RecType>4</RecType>
<DupInType>15</DupInType>
<DupMethod>6</DupMethod>
<EncoderId>0</EncoderId>
<EncoderName xsi:nil="true"/>
<Profile>Default</Profile>
</Recording>

_Not scheduled_:
<Recording xsi:nil="true"/>

The old API would return a tag full of default, null and invalid values
when no recording was scheduled. This, in my opinion, was a bug in the
old code that is now fixed.

_OLD Result for no schedule_:

<Recording>
<RecordedId>0</RecordedId>