[mythtv-users] New web app for setup and replacement for mythweb

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed May 31 10:30:27 UTC 2023

On Wed, 31 May 2023 00:15:48 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks!  I use mythweb, not mythfrontend, for 100% of my scheduling, and
>I typically look as far ahead as possible around the time when my last
>look will have been expiring (e.g., every couple of weeks), so epgdiff
>isn't quite my use case, but it sounds like it might be interesting to
>adapt (in some way in which the scheduling isn't done through mythfrontend)
>if I wanted to take more-frequent looks at programming.  (The problem with
>my every-couple-of-weeks looks is, yeah, they'll miss additions which pop
>up, say, a week in advance, but I don't want to spend the time looking
>that frequently. :)

Epgdiff looks ahead as far as the EPG in the database goes.  Here in
New Zealand, that is usually only one week, but US EPG seems to often
be up to 2 weeks.  It definitely does need to use mythfrontend for
scheduling new recordings.  It can be used in command line only mode
to get a list of the new upcoming programmes - that might be useful to
you.