[mythtv-users] New web app for setup and replacement for mythweb

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed May 31 04:00:59 UTC 2023

On Tue, 30 May 2023 13:25:02 -0400, you wrote:

>I've had a private patch to various versions of mythweb for a million
>years which changes the single channel presentation of listings (what
>you get from mythweb/tv/channel?chanid=CHANNUM&date=TIMESTAMP) from
>showing -one- day at a time to -all- days on and after the date chosen.
>This is waaaay faster for my workflow of saying, "Is there anything
>interesting coming up on this channel?" and which I do for several
>channels at regular intervals---otherwise I have to get a new page for
>every single day, one at a time, instead of scrolling, and that's just
>intolerably slow.  So I made the "all days at a time" mode the default
>for my particular mythweb; if you want only one day, just stop reading
>partway down the page. :)

Your need to look ahead for new things might be helped by my epgdiff
Python program:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/epgdiff

This looks at the EPG in the database and displays any new programmes
it sees that are present in future EPG data but not in the past EPG
data.  It has options to also check if you are already recording a new
programme and to not display that if you are.  If you use its -G (GUI)
option, it will pop up a window with the new listings and you can
select a programme from that window and it will take you to that
programme in mythfrontend so you can read about it and set it to
record if you want to.  When you want to go back to the epgdiff window
from mythfrontend, just do Alt-Tab on the keyboard.

It also has the ability to be run using your IR remote control via
lirc, but there is a lot of setup to make that work, which is
undocumented at present.

If you try it out, please let me know if there are any problems or
feature requests.  And if you would like to try using it with lirc,
please contact me off list and I can let you know how to set it all
up.