[mythtv-users] New web app for setup and replacement for mythweb

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 31 00:56:25 UTC 2023

On 5/30/23 19:47, James wrote:
> Peter sounds very nice, but despite John's help and hard work I have
> been unable to build mythfrontend master for mac high sierra.
> My main watching machine is un-upgradeable so I'm for ever stuck on 32.
> Opinion: back porting to 32 possible for me to do?
>
> (I usually build (no I always) from src. A recent upgrade to SuSE
> tumbleweed broke mythweb and the alternatives are barely usable.
>
>  SuSE make installing an old tumbleweed impossible: say install
> 20220904, install the dev tools bing-bong and you are cutrrent.
> The last Leap (15.4) had so much btoken that (foolishly) I went to
> tumbleweed. Ubuntu is much more flexable in this regard (keeping and
> using a specific kernel) but IMHO are much more horrid eg dmesg eg
> unattended upgrades eg anal obsession with nano spurning vi etc etc
>
> One Liner: with reasonable level of skill can I back port to 32
>
> James

Where do you run the backend? Is that also on mac? Are you able to build
the backend?

What is the problem with the frontend? Is it a compile error or a
problem with watching video?

I may be able to suggest a workaround if I know what the problem is.

The problem with backporting this to v32 is that there are changes in
many places to support it. By the time you have backported everything
you probably have much of V34-pre anyway and maybe won't be able to build.

Peter