[mythtv-users] Updated MythTV - now my schedules no longer update. XMLTV woes

Ted L ted1193-mythmlist at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 12:24:30 UTC 2023

>One thing that I did not get from the wiki is that you MUST run tv_grab_zz_sdjson as user mythtv with
>user mythtv's environment.
>
>Running this from within mythbackendsetup does not work since it will save the config files in your local
>environment.

A note for Mythbuntu Control Panel users:

MCP has an option to "run MythTV Backend Setup as mythtv user," and this can be used to configure the grabber using MythTV Backend Setup (mythtv-setup).  The configuration files will be stored in the correct location.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythbuntu_Control_Panel#Performing_System_Setup_Tasks