[mythtv-users] Updated MythTV - now my schedules no longer update. XMLTV woes

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sun May 7 12:00:04 UTC 2023

On 5/7/23 1:46 AM, Douglas Peale wrote:

> One thing that I did not get from the wiki is that you MUST run
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson as user mythtv with user mythtv's environment.
>
> Running this from within mythbackendsetup does not work since it will
> save the config files in your local environment.
>
> I found that I was able to do this by running:
>
> sudo runuser -l mythtv

Thanks for this tip!   Yeah, that's not something that I picked up from
the wiki.  But after running tv_grab_zz_sdjson as the user "mythtv", the
experience was much more intuitive.  And the schedules are rolling in as
I type this!

My first false start was that I had the wrong case sensitivity for the
video source name, but I got that figured out pretty quickly.

Thanks again!
-WD