[mythtv-users] homewrun firmware

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri May 19 17:46:54 UTC 2023

On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 5:34 PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there are a lot of trees between your antenna and the location of the broadcast towers, and if it is breezy, the signal can become erratic. I have had this problem at our last house where the leaves  moving would upset the signal. During the wintertime with the leaves off the trees there is less of an effect from the wind and barren trees.  I only include this as information as additional things that can upset receiving signal.

Yes, Fresnel zone interference can be a problem,
as can multipath (ATSC 3.0 improves both of
these to some extent because of it's improved
modulation schemes, but you can't break the
laws of RF physics).

In some cases the only solution is either a tower,
a much better antenna, or a Stihl (when it is
your vegetation).