[mythtv-users] XMLTV on Opensuse Tumbleweed

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun May 7 02:24:44 UTC 2023

On Sat, May 6, 2023 at 10:04 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed mythtv on opensuse tumbleweed and had to build from source.  Got it all working except I can't get XMLTV working. I found an old version on Packman repo, but it does not contain tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite.  Building XMLTV from the github repo didn't work. I'm assuming I'm missing a lot of the Perl stuff.

Typically, if you build from the XMLTV github repo (starting
with running `perl Makefile.PL`) it should tell you what perl
libraries you are missing.

And, ultimately, to help yourself and others, you may
wish to pick up the XMLTV package in the user
contributed packman repos (as I recall, the current
XMLTV version is 1.2.1, while the latest packman
version is 0.<something>, so rather much older).
Typically such work is not especially onerous once
you have the spec file working as the XMLTV project
does not often add new dependencies.  You may
even be able to start with the spec files from other
RPM based distros, such as the one on RPMFusion.