[mythtv-users] Lost Recordings and Database

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jan 21 09:42:42 UTC 2023

On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:18:31 +1300, you wrote:

I have put version 0.2 of myth-delete-missing.py on my web server:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/myth-delete-missing.py

I have had a lack of time to work on this very much in the last week,
but it is now functional except for the option to create a new
recording rule if one is not found.  If you use that action ('drc'),
any recordings where there is no matching recording rule will not be
deleted.  So you can go ahead and use it with drc and any recordings
that need drc will be left to be fixed later (hopefully when I work
out how to create the new recording rules correctly and release a new
version).

Note that this is beta software and has not had much testing yet -
please make sure you read the help about backing up your database,
before using it other than with the l (list) action.

Please run:

myth-delete-missing.py --help

for lots of help.

Please feel free to email me directly for support (off list) if you
need it or have a problem with myth-delete-missing.py.  Or post here
on the list.