[mythtv-users] Lost Recordings and Database

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:37:56 UTC 2023

On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 at 11:37, Ken Smith via mythtv-users
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder if someone with more knowledge of the Myth Database schema
> might be able to advise me here. A friends Myth (0.32) system had a disk
> tragedy and he has lost one of two volumes where the recordings are/were
> held. The database entries for those recordings remain intact.
>
> Would it be possible to construct an SQL query that would take entries
> after a specific date in the Recorded table and arrange for those
> recordings to be entered into the Recording Schedules. In effect a
> "Delete and Re-Record" operation.

Ken,

The helpful replies so far (especially how this can be achieved using
the API) are suggesting how to remove knowledge of the missing
recordings from the database so that they may be recorded again in the
future.

They do not go as far as creating a recording rule for each missing
recording so that they are automatically recorded when next broadcast.
Is this what you are after?

Thanks,
Nick