[mythtv-users] building a duplicate backend

James jam at tigger.ws
Tue Jan 17 14:19:28 UTC 2023

> On 17 Jan 2023, at 10:07 pm, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I want to confirm what I think I need to do to create a duplicate backend so I can take it with me.
>
> My production backend has a lot of TV recordings that I have not watched yet. I thought I would take a snapshot of my production backend with me.
>
> Both my production backend and traveling backend are v32 on Ubuntu 22.04 derivative Distro's.
>
> I think all I have to do is move the contents of the production backend Storage Group directories to the same relative directories on the traveling backend and then take a backup of the production mythconverg database and restore that to the traveling backend's database.
>
> Since the tuner hardware on the production backend is a Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe card and the traveling backend is HDHomeRun tuners, I have some setup work to do but am I missing anything else?

Jim why not do a DB backup and restore on the dup frontend
Duplicate the files you want

If you select a recording or video that is not present you get a 'can't open' dialog
every thing else 'just works'

You can repeat when you want to. (next time)

James

PS it is easy to redo (only) the hardware bits if you need to, but I don't bother - there is no hardware on my dup