[mythtv-users] building a duplicate backend

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:07:44 UTC 2023

I want to confirm what I think I need to do to create a duplicate backend
so I can take it with me.

My production backend has a lot of TV recordings that I have not
watched yet. I thought I would take a snapshot of my production backend
with me.

Both my production backend and traveling backend are v32 on Ubuntu 22.04
derivative Distro's.

I think all I have to do is move the contents of the production backend
Storage Group directories to the same relative directories on the traveling
backend and then take a backup of the production mythconverg database and
restore that to the traveling backend's database.

Since the tuner hardware on the production backend is a Hauppauge WinTV
Quad PCIe card and the traveling backend is HDHomeRun tuners, I have some
setup work to do but am I missing anything else?

Jim A